October 3, 2017
After some final cleanup, I took the short step of filling all the raw fastener holes in the deck with some inexpensive latex household caulking compound, just to minimize (and hopefully prevent entirely) any leakage through the holes that could occur beneath the boat’s cover once I moved her out for storage. The temporary sealant would be easy to remove during surface preparations at a later stage of the project.
Afterwards, to make room for another boat arriving soon I moved Scupper outdoors for storage till her real project time, and covered her simply with a tarp to keep out the weather.
Total time billed on this job today: 1.75 hours
0600 Weather Observation: 30°, clear. Forecast for the day: sunny, 60s