September 19, 2023
Calliope Girl 1
The first order of business with any new project is to document the “as-arrived” condition, so, as one is wont to do, I did this first. This project would focus entirely on the interior, but nevertheless I documented the hull and deck areas for posterity.
By previous agreement, the owner had left most of the gear on board, and one of my first tasks would be to empty out the boat. To prepare for the numerous trips in and out and up and down, I covered the cockpit seats, bridgedeck, and sole, as well as the side of the hull in way of the ladder, with protective plastic that would stay on for the duration.
As much for my own purposes as any other, I documented the interior as-arrived with all the gear still in place.
To make room to work, I removed the spinnaker pole and boom, securing them across the bow pulpit out of the way.
From there, I began to work my way through the interior to clean things out, beginning with the larger items like sails, lines, fenders, pieces of the keel-stepped mast surround that had been removed, and whatever else was in the main and forward cabins.
Continuing, I transferred the contents of the starboard upper cabinets in the saloon, then the port side, to a pair of plastic bins for storage during the project, bringing me to the end of the time I had available at the moment.
Total time billed on this job today: 3.25 hours
0600 Weather Observation: Not observed