Lyra 6

Boat:

Lyra, a 1960 Pearson Triton

Schedule:

Project Schedule:  January 2021 – (Ongoing)

Project Scope:  Interior work; deck hardware; cockpit repairs; electrical work; electric motor installation

Begin Daily Project Logs

January 29, 2021

Lyra 6

Friday

I lightly sanded the area around the transducer installation as needed to smooth the epoxy and prepare it for subsequent steps.

After cleaning up, I applied additional epoxy, continuing to shape and form around the fixed positions of the fiberglass plate and adjacent hull.  In particular, I focused on the leading edge, where I had to build up a fair amount of material to create the sort of shape and flow I wanted when all was said and done.  To keep the epoxy from overheating, as well as to prevent a gravity-induced failure, I planned to build up the shape over several applications.

Back in the interior, I went over the overhead and cabin sides in all three cabins with slightly finer paper, just to dress up these most visible areas and better prepare them for primer and paint.  With that, I hoped the worst of the major interior sanding was mostly complete (equivocate much), and to allow me to work in and around the boat in the coming days without a respirator, I took the time to catch up my cleaning with broom and vacuum, getting the interior back to a better state of things.

By the end of the morning, the first round of epoxy on the transducer had cured sufficiently to allow me to make a second application for the day, green on green, and continue the shaping.

Total time billed on this job today:  4.25 hours

0600 Weather Observation:  10°, clear.   Forecast for the day:   Sunny, windy, 22°