Lyra 3

Boat:

Lyra, a 1960 Pearson Triton

Schedule:

Project Schedule:  January 2021 – (Ongoing)

Project Scope:  Interior work; deck hardware; cockpit repairs; electrical work; electric motor installation

Begin Daily Project Logs

January 26, 2021

Lyra 3

Tuesday

I spent the day working on interior surface prep, starting in the main cabin on the port side below deck level.

I continued by sanding the cabin sides and overhead.  These surfaces were in poorer condition to start with and required somewhat more aggressive sanding to remove loose and suspect material and provide a sound substrate for new coatings.

After lunch, I got to work in the head, sanding all surfaces including inside the various storage lockers and shelving.

Now, after sweeping the bulk of the dust and debris out of the bilge, I lightly sanded the bilge (which had been previously painted and was in almost startlingly good condition), then the floor boards and settee front panels from the head aft to the engine room.

After cleaning up the bulk of the spoils, I had a bit of time left in the day, so I tried my hand at cleaning up the varnished paneling on the main bulkhead, starting outboard on the port side.  In the short time remaining, I stripped the outer two planks, and would continue with the remaining parts of the bulkhead in due course over the next few days.  This solid wood paneling was in fair condition, with some splits and other issues, but ought to clean and finish up fairly well.

Total time billed on this job today:  7.25 hours

0600 Weather Observation:  14°, clear.   Forecast for the day:   Sunny, 32°