Lyra 21


Lyra, a 1960 Pearson Triton


Project Schedule:  January 2021 – May 2021

Project Scope:  Interior work; deck hardware; cockpit repairs and refinishing; electrical work; electric motor installation; miscellaneous

Project Complete:  366 Total Hours

Lyra will be back in fall 2021 for Phase 2 of the project.

Begin Daily Project Logs

February 18, 2021

Lyra 21


Before starting the primer in the cabin, I had to mask off several areas for protection, including some naturally-finished beams in the forward cabin and head, and the main bulkhead in the saloon.

With that complete, I got started on the primer, beginning in the forward cabin.  I found that the cleats within the locker openings were still filthy with dust and debris in the corners, so for now I left those unpainted.

Continuing my way aft, I painted the head.  This space, already small, became that much tighter with every brush and roller stroke as I willed myself not to bump into any of the freshly-coated surfaces.

During the afternoon, I finished up in the main cabin, painting every surface except the cabin sole, which would get more of the light gray Bilgekote sometime later in the process. In painting all areas of the empty main cabin now, it was understood that there would later be cause to remove some of the paint to allow for new interior installation and tabbing, but given the nature of the project, with limited time and an extensive work list, too many overlapping and required jobs and new installations hinged upon having the painting done before work could continue, and we didn’t have the luxury of an open-ended timeframe to let each thing flow more naturally together.

Down on a bench, I primed all sides of the various berth locker lids that I’d removed for the purpose.

Total time billed on this job today:  6 hours

0600 Weather Observation:  12°, clear.  Forecast for the day:   Partly sunny, 28°