April 11, 2022
To finish up the shipping crate for the engine and jet drive assembly, I built a simple framework from scrap lumber (mainly the leftover wood from the shrinkwrap frame), enclosing the top part of the pallet with a small curb to contain the various small pieces and parts that went along with the engine, then extending the frame upwards to just above the maximum height of the engine (not including the lifting ring). I added light cross members to complete the structure and to eventually support cardboard sheathing. Inside, I placed all the related engine and drive components, securing them as needed.
To finish, I installed cardboard around the four sides, and cut final piece for the top, though I wouldn’t install that yet as I still needed to lift the engine and crate one more time to load it in a truck.
Total time billed on this job today: 1.5 hours
0600 Weather Observation: 35°, clear. Forecast for the day: Sunny, 59°.