Holby 42


Holby Pilot 19


Project Schedule: April 2022- December 2022 (Non-Continuous)

Project Scope: Remove jet drive and engine and reconfigure for traditional outboard installation; paint hull; sundry related projects TBD

Project Complete:  304.5 Total Hours

Begin Daily Project Logs

October 31, 2022

Holby 42


The aft end of the cockpit, particularly around the small seating areas and nearby corners, required some detail sanding to complete the preparation for primer work.  This was all hand work as required in the corners and edges, and the seat gutters, as well as around the caprail above.  There were several obsolete fastener holes that I reamed out and filled with epoxy as well, and I took a moment to re-drill the outboard well scupper holes, which I’d covered over with tabbing from the inside.  The paint demarcation line would follow the natural seam in the coaming, then down along the corner between the seat and the hull liner, and across the front of the seats and outboard well bulkhead at deck level.  Eventually I’d mask to this line.

Next I vacuumed and cleaned the entire boat to rid it of excess dust and prepare all the surfaces for masking as needed.  With the boat on its own trailer, it was easy to move outdoors temporarily while I cleaned up the shop:  sweep, vacuum, blow down, and finally a water rinse to settle remaining dust.

After the cleanup work, I moved the boat back indoors and masked off the waterline, aka the top edge of the bottom paint.  This was straightforward enough as there was a faint line still visible in the gelcoat, and this made restriking the line relatively quick, especially on the slab sides and transom.

Afterwards, I covered parts of the trailer in plastic to protect against overspray.  This brought me to the end of the day, but I’d continue masking and related prep work next time.

Total time billed on this job today: 7 hours

0600 Weather Observation: 0600 Weather Observation: 40°, fog. Forecast for the day: Becoming sunny, 64°