April 5, 2022
I traveled with the boatowner to visit a sistership equipped with a traditional transom-hung outboard. Though the boat was covered in shrinkwrap, fortunately the outboard was tipped up, allowing plenty of room around the engine cutout and well to take various measurements and photos that would be helpful in planning and building the new transom configuration.
I made a rubbing of the hull shape, since on the project boat the center section was configured differently to accommodate the jet drive, and while there was no oddity in the “real” shape, having a template made sense. Other crucial measurements I took included the engine shaft length, height of the cutout above the bottom of the hull, and the width of the cutout at the bottom and top.
Total time billed on this job today: 3 hours
0600 Weather Observation: 28°, clear Forecast for the day: Mostly sunny, 56°.