February 20, 2017
Now that the exterior work was largely complete, I turned once more to the interior. I spent the morning on various and sundry tasks to prepare the area for priming and painting, and other work, including some final sanding work on some of the patchwork I’d worked on before closing the interior up for the deck painting. With these minor tasks out of the way, I vacuumed and solvent-washed the whole interior (i.e. the overhead, cabin trunk, insides of the hull, undersides of the deck, etc.).
First thing in the afternoon, I painted the chainlocker area with white Bilgekote.
Afterwards, I masked off the shelves, berth platforms, trim, and other areas to prepare the interior for primer and paint. To protect against the inevitable drips, since the berth tops and other areas were unfinished, I covered the flat surfaces with paper for the duration. Exciting stuff, undoubtedly, but necessary.
Total time billed on this job today: 7 hours
0600 Weather Observation:
34°, partly cloudy. Forecast for the day: clearing, mid 30s