December 19, 2016
Now that I had new liner fabric and adhesive on hand, I finished up my work list with the quarterberth liner. Using the old vinyl piece–I’d removed this earlier–as a template, I cut a piece of the new fabric to fit, then dry-fit it in place to check the fit and see if I needed to cut any darts or make other changes. It actually smoothed into place very nicely and stayed where I wanted it, so I masked around it with tape and paper to prevent overspray on adjacent surfaces. Then, to permanently install the fabric I pulled away sections at a time and sprayed on the adhesive, then pressed the fabric back into place.
Once I’d glued the fabric in place, I finished up the job by securing the VHF antenna cable along the back side of the nav station cabinet, reinstalled three trim original pieces on the aft bulkhead, and installed a small piece of trim along the outer edge of that cabinet since I thought it looked nicer than the original raw edge.
This ended my current work list for this project.
Total time billed on this job today: 1.25 hours
0600 Weather Observation:
-1°, clear. Forecast for the day: Sunny, 15°