November 23, 2016
The main bulkhead on the starboad side featured a built-in bookshelf and folding table. Before continuing with the old finish removal, I decided to remove the table.
I hadn’t necessarily planned on doing a lot of refinishing work to the bookshelf itself, but as I examined it it was clear there was no way I could leave it be, and I’d need to refinish the outer surfaces at a minimum. Access to the bulkhead areas within the shelf was tight, and eventually I determined that the shelf unit was simply screwed to the bulkhead from the back side, in the head. So I went ahead and removed the shelf, which would make it easier nnot only to work on the bulkhead refinishing, but also on the shelf itself.
Now I could finish up the stripping job on the starboard side. During the remains of the morning, and a short work day, I finished up the main bulkhead and the forward side of the galley bulkhead, as well as the trim at the shelves at the top of the settee. This completed the stripping on the boat itself; sanding the starboard side would be first on the list for next time. In addition, there were lots of small pieces down in the shop awaitingstripping and sanding, but all in due course.
Total time billed on this job today: 3.75 hours
0600 Weather Observation:
30°, clear. Forecast for the day: sunny, 40s