January 18, 2019
Dharma Rose 34
With the scope of my varnish work complete–2 coats at the owner’s request–I installed the hardware and hinge on the new companionway boards, completing their construction.
Next, I finished up in the interior with some minor reassembly, including the bi-fold head door and two wiring chase covers that the owner had removed earlier but asked me to install now. I also installed the cabin sole. Meanwhile, now that work was complete, I finished some of my earlier efforts to clean up the cabin, remove tools, and so forth.
In the engine room, I finished up by adding the basic fluids to the engine: coolant (both to the heat exchanger and the separate overflow tank); engine oil (about 2 liters); and transmission fluid (about 0.2 liters).
Finally, I installed new vent hoses between the engine room and the after cowl vents, replacing those I’d removed earlier in the project. I installed the tiller, thus expunging the last item from the project scope.
Total time billed on this job today: 4.75 hours
0600 Weather Observation: Partly clear, 15°. Forecast for the day: Snow shower, mostly cloudy but improving later, 30°