January 5, 2016
Before getting back to the brightwork, I decided to finish up the garboard drain installation. To begin, I dry-fit the bronze assembly and drilled and tapped the hull for four #10 machine screws that would secure the fitting.
After cleaning up the bonding surface, I installed the fitting with 5200 sealant. I left the plug out and placed it, along with its wrench, in the boat for safekeeping.
I continued work on the starboard side of the boat, and stripped everything else I could reach from the staging, including the outboard side of the cockpit coaming and cabintop handrail, and then worked around the taffrail.
I continued my way up the port side, starting with woodwork that was in more or less the same condition as the starboard side.
By the end of the day, I’d stripped the port toerail and rubrail, along with the remaining half of the bow platform.
Total time billed on this job today: 7 Hours
0600 Weather Report:
0°, clear. Forecast for the day: sunny, high around 20