Danusia 40


Danusia, Cape Dory 31


Project Complete:  234.5 Total Hours

Scope of Project:  Brightwork refinish; cabin sole refinish; miscellaneous maintenance, upgrades, and repairs

Begin Daily Project Logs

February 19, 2016

Danusia 40

< Back to Danusia


The pedestal paint was complete, so I removed the masking tape.  Later in the day (not shown here), I reinstalled the wheel and the cleaned-up winch pocket.

I spent the rest of the morning finishing up the framework for the winter cover.  I extended the ridge aft and past the transom, and supported it with three more verticals.  Then, to hold the whole arrangement securely, I installed tie-down lines as needed to tighten the frame and hold it in place.  Jason, my upholstery and canvas contractor, came by in the afternoon to tale some rough measurements he needed to build the blank for the cover.

I picked up new vinyl graphics for the name and hailport, and installed them on the transom in the afternoon.  The outline color would tie in with the new boottop that I’d be working on presently.  I installed the name lettering as high as I could without interfering with the two vent fittings on the transom, and followed the camber of the taffrail above; I installed the hailport on a  visually horizontal line beneath.

Total time billed on this job today:  5 hours

0600 Weather Report:
8°, clear.  Forecast for the day:  Sunny, 33°