Jasmine 46


Jasmine, a 1972 Allied Seawind 30' ketch


Project Complete:  431.75 Total Hours

Scope of Project:   Deck core repairs and other deck-related work and refinishing; rigging and chainplate work; electrical overhaul; install Norvane windvane; sundry upgrades and maintenance.  No hull work.

Begin Daily Project Logs

February 7, 2018

Jasmine 46

< Back to Jasmine


Over a disjointed morning rife with various competing distractions, I managed to finish up the stanchion installations, starting with the port amidships stanchion, completing the installation I’d begun earlier now that the epoxy-filled hole for the gate brace had cured.

Later, after stepping out for a bit to attend to other business, I completed the installation of both gate braces at the aftermost stanchions.  The bolt locations for the brace bases fell outside of the cored area on each side of the deck, so all I had to do was mark, drill, tap, and install the bases accordingly.  First the port side…

…then the starboard.

In the afternoon, I decided to tackle the “easy” installation jobs in the cockpit, starting with the old engine instrument panel.  I applied butyl tape sealant to the back of the panel and installed it in its original opening.

Next, I reassembled the gearshift lever and bilge pump bellows that I’d removed before painting.

Then, I installed the circular access port in the cockpit sole.

I reinstalled the starboard cockpit locker lid hinges, using more of the butyl tape to seal these fasteners.

Finally, I installed the new cockpit seat drain fittings, heavily applying sealant around the flanges and necks of each fitting and tightening the nuts from belowdecks.

Total time billed on this job today:  4.75 hours

0600 Weather Observation:  8°, clear.  Forecast for the day:  Snow by noon, heavy snow in the afternoon, about 10″ expected