Jasmine 40


Jasmine, a 1972 Allied Seawind 30' ketch


Project Complete:  431.75 Total Hours

Scope of Project:   Deck core repairs and other deck-related work and refinishing; rigging and chainplate work; electrical overhaul; install Norvane windvane; sundry upgrades and maintenance.  No hull work.

Begin Daily Project Logs

January 30, 2018

Jasmine 40

< Back to Jasmine


I spent the good part of the day removing all the masking tape from the deck and other parts, and generally cleaning up and getting the shop back to normal after a few weeks of painting.  I’d presently continue with the nonskid portion of the deck paint, but needed to give the fresh gloss a days’ cure time before masking for the next step.

With that work complete, I spent some time working on the remaining three deadlight frames, removing the old lenses and cleaning up the worst of the old sealant from the frames.  I’d disassembled one of the frames a few weeks earlier, and now that I knew how the arrangement worked the process went a little more quickly.

The aluminum frames would require some additional cleanup to remove all traces of the old sealant and clean out the grooves in which the old rubber gaskets had sat, but that chore was for another time.  In the meantime, I ordered the new lens material so I’d have it on hand shortly to make replacement lenses.

Total time billed on this job today:  6.25 hours

0600 Weather Observation:  20°, cloudy.  Forecast for the day:  Clouds, some light snow, 20s