Jasmine 15


Jasmine, a 1972 Allied Seawind 30' ketch


Project Complete:  431.75 Total Hours

Scope of Project:   Deck core repairs and other deck-related work and refinishing; rigging and chainplate work; electrical overhaul; install Norvane windvane; sundry upgrades and maintenance.  No hull work.

Begin Daily Project Logs

December 21, 2017

Jasmine 15

< Back to Jasmine


To begin, I lightly sanded the newly-filled core areas, just to scuff the surface and remove any hard ridges.  I also sanded the fiberglass patches on the foredeck.

Afterwards, I finished up cutting all the material for the rest of the job:  4 layers of 1708 biax for each section of the deck.

With all material cut and ready, I spent the remainder of the day wetting out and installing all the new fiberglass over both forward sidedecks and around the poop deck and cockpit sidedecks.   At the poop deck, I extended the large after pieces of cloth right over the steering room hatch, though I didn’t wet out the center portion.  I did this to help the material hold together once wet out.  I’d cut out the center section later.

Total time billed on this job today:  8 hours

0600 Weather Observation:  14, clear.  Forecast for the day:  Sunny, 20s