March 11, 2022
Lyra Phase 2-51
After sanding the fairing compound over the patched transducer holes, I found that I hadn’t quite gotten the final shape in one go-round–there were a few low spots still evident. So I applied more fairing compound as needed to complete the task, leaving it overnight before sanding once more to complete the repairs.
After curing overnight, I could lightly sand a final time to complete the patches. I’d give these a coat of paint in the near future when I moved the jackstands to take care of those areas as well.
At the radar through-deck wiring fitting, I added a plastic washer to help trim out the deck hole from beneath. (The owner planned to paint the new head overhead himself later.)
Total time billed on this job today: .75 hours (over two days)
0600 Weather Observation: 26°, mainly clear. Forecast for the day: Partly sunny, 46°