February 18, 2022
Lyra Phase 2-39
The new hull paint cured overnight and was looking pretty good. I took some additional photos of it as is now that I could spend more time in the shop inspecting the job.
Next, I removed the masking from the lower edge, exposing the boottop area still in gray primer. The topsides paint was too fresh to mask over, so I’d have to wait a bit longer before I could mask and prepare to spray the boottop.
To make some use of an otherwise idle day while I waited for the paint to cure, I collected all the deck hardware, ports, and deadlights and cleaned off old sealant from the bases and, as needed, some of the fasteners I’d be reusing, preparing everything for reinstallation in the near future. Never a favorite task, it was nevertheless made more palatable by filling a void when there was nothing else I could do to move the project forward: A good use of time for a chore that must be done.
Total time billed on this job today: 3 hours
0600 Weather Observation: 50°, rain. Forecast for the day: Rain ending, windy, temperature dropping