January 31, 2022
Lyra Phase 2-25
Continuing work on the hull, I installed masking paper below the taped line at the waterline, just for some overspray protection beneath, then took the opportunity to solvent-wash again the hull from the waterline and as far up as I could reach while I had clear access.
Next, I reassembled the staging at a convenient height for the deck work.
Back on deck and inside, I finished the cleanup process there, wiping all areas of the interior to ensure that tape would stick, and solvent-washing the decks, which I’d only vacuumed during the earlier cleanup.
For the rest of the day, I masked as needed, mainly the port openings, hatches, and covering all the fastener holes from beneath. By the end of the day, the masking was nearly complete, except for the cockpit, which I had to cover completely–but with several hours’ worth of other prep work still ahead before I could think about painting, I planned to finish next time.
Total time billed on this job today: 6 hours
0600 Weather Observation: -8°, clear. Forecast for the day: Sunny, 25°