Arietta 21


Arietta, a 1980 Cape Dory 22


Project Schedule:  December 2020 – January 2021

Project Scope: Repairs to cockpit sole and seats, cockpit refinishing, transom repairs, hull paint, and related work

Project Complete:  161.75 Total Hours

Begin Daily Project Logs

December 31, 2020

Arietta 21


I got started in the cockpit and poopdeck, sanding the fresh finish primer with 320 grit paper by machine and hand as needed.  Afterwards, I continued with the loose hatches and outboard bracket on the bench.  The primer had turned out well, and this was as quick a process as it could be given the myriad surfaces in the cockpit.

Next, I sanded the hull with 320 by machine and hand.

With the sanding complete, I spent the remainder of the day cleaning the shop and boat.  This included blowing off the boat, trailer, and walls; sweeping the floor; vacuuming and solvent-washing the hull and deck; and rinsing off the floor and fixtures to settle dust.  Now the boat was ready for the next steps, which I’d start after the long weekend.

Total time billed on this job today:  4.5 hours

0600 Weather Observation:  32°, cloudy.   Forecast for the day:  Clouds with breaks, slowly clearing, 40°