Arietta 19

Boat:

Arietta, a 1980 Cape Dory 22

Schedule:

Project Schedule:  December 2020 – January 2021

Project Scope: Repairs to cockpit sole and seats, cockpit refinishing, transom repairs, hull paint, and related work

Project Complete:  159.25 Total Hours

Begin Daily Project Logs

December 29, 2020

Arietta 19

Tuesday

I spent the first part of the day sanding the fine filler that I’d applied around the boat, with most of the time spent in the cockpit, where, along with the tight spaces and corner work, there were some larger patches that could have stood a bit more cure time.  Sanding the fairing compound also gave me a chance to go over all areas again to catch any places that could use a bit more sanding after the initial round right after the primer application.

The hull and loose hatches were quicker and easier to sand.

Next, I cleaned up the boat and shop:  Blow down; sweep; vacuum; solvent-wash deck and hull.  This removed the bulk of the sanding dust from the two sanding rounds over the past few days.

Next, I washed down the shop floor and trailer skirting, settling any remaining dust.

To round out the day’s work, I finished off with a final solvent wash of the hull and deck, this time with the proprietary wipe-down solvent, and prepared paint and spray equipment as needed for finish primer next time.

Total time billed on this job today:  6 hours

0600 Weather Observation:  34°, mostly clear.  Forecast for the day:  Sunny, temperature falling throughout the day.