Arietta 14

Boat:

Arietta, a 1980 Cape Dory 22

Schedule:

Project Schedule:  December 2020 – January 2021

Project Scope: Repairs to cockpit sole and seats, cockpit refinishing, transom repairs, hull paint, and related work

Project Complete:  159.25 Total Hours

Begin Daily Project Logs

December 18, 2020

Arietta 14

Friday

I spent the morning masking, starting with the rubrail where it met the hull, as well as the stem casting and bow roller.  I masked up high enough all around so that when I installed the plastic sheeting over the decks, all applicable areas would be well covered.

Continuing in the cockpit, I worked to mask off the cabin trunk forward of the cockpit bulkhead, as well as the instrument openings, scupper hardware, and the lower edges of the coamings plus the entire aft coaming before reaching a stopping point.  With only the cockpit and poop deck being painted at this time, there’d be a fair bit of additional masking to complete to cover the coamings, remaining hardware, and other areas not to be painted this time around, but I’d finish that up next time and then be ready for the first round of primer on the hull and cockpit.

For now, I needed to wash off the trailer (and at the same time the shop floor) so that it would have ample dry time in order to finish the masking below the waterline and cover the trailer to prevent overspray.

Total time billed on this job today:  4 hours

0600 Weather Observation:  15°, clear.  Forecast for the day:  Mostly sunny, 26°