December 4, 2017
A few small jobs remained for me to take care of, starting with the reinstallation of the pilothouse door and its trim. This was a straightforward process; I used new fasteners to secure the wooden trim back in place. I also put back the newly-painted lazarette hatch.
The owner requested that I repaint the insides of the running light boards on the pilothouse; the existing paint was weathered and worn. I removed the running lights from their brackets and the covers from the sockets, leaving the wiring in place, and prepared the black-painted boards with sandpaper and masking tape as needed so I could apply fresh black paint.
Late in the day, the first coat of paint had cured to the point that I could apply a second coat over the top.
The owner requested that I replicate and install some logo stickers that had once been in place on the pilothouse, the ghost of which was still visible on one side. I happened to have a plastic placard with the logo and text from a previous Fisher 30 project, so I dropped this off earlier with my local vinyl shop for reproduction in new vinyl, which I installed now.
I also took a moment to paint the patches where the jackstands had been originally; when I moved the boat, I’d staggered the stands to expose the unpainted patches for access.
Total time billed on this job today: 1.5 hours
0600 Weather Observation: 20°, clear. Forecast for the day: Sunny, 40s