110 Cookson Lane | Whitefield, ME  04353 | 207-232-7600 |  tim@lackeysailing.com

Waanderlust Project | Wednesday, September 1, 2010

It was a brief day, with other commitments.  However, I continued work on the lazarette hatch frame.  After preparing the edges of the opening that I'd epoxied yesterday, I cut and fit 1/4" fiberglass strips around the edges, which I secured in place with epoxy adhesive.  Later, this lip would be primed and painted along with the deck.

Afterwards, I sanded the through hull patch filler from yesterday and, deeming the job complete, coated the epoxy filler with a layer of unthickened epoxy resin to seal it.

It occurred to me that there was one place on the boat where the original hull color still remained:  the stem casting, which I'd not yet completely stripped back to bare metal.  I was pleased to find that my sample #5 (15 gray:1 blue) matched the original color as well as I'd hoped and thought it did when I made it up.  The sample was quite close, allowing for differences in gloss and weathering.

Total Time Billed on This Job Today:  2 hours

<Previous | Next>