110 Cookson Lane | Whitefield, ME  04353 | 207-232-7600 |  tim@lackeysailing.com

Waanderlust Project | Friday, August 27, 2010

With 220 grit paper and a hand block (where possible), I lightly sanded the first coat of white finish paint to prepare for the next coat.  After vacuuming, solvent washing, and tacking off, I applied a second coat of the semi-gloss white.  The paint appears glossy in the photos since it was still wet when I took the photos.



I decided it was a good time to cut and install fiberglass patches over the various through hulls that I'd removed (and previously filled).  On the inside of the hull, there were 8 old locations that required patching; on the outside, there were six, since I'd earlier patched and faired two of the old through hulls on the outside before doing the high-build primer.

I applied two layers of biaxial cloth to the insides of each location, and on the outside applied 3 or 4 layers to the dished-out tapered areas I'd previously ground; one in particular was deeper than the others, so it required the fourth layer.



Total Time Billed on This Job Today:  4.5 hours

<Previous | Next>