November 25, 2018
Over the weekend, I finished up the work on deck with the new hatches. Satisfied now with the state of cure of the deck paint, I went ahead and installed the four new rectangular hatches in the existing openings, following all my usual installation standards: mask, sealant, install, clean up.
I continued with the two small round hatches above the fuel tanks.
Once the sealant had a chance to cure, the project was complete, and I got ready to move the boat outdoors for storage. Using an existing framework provided by the owner, I set up the support for the boatcover while the boat was still indoors, then, later, moved her out and installed a new tarp. This ended up just short at the gunwale amidships on on one side, but I planned to install another, smaller tarp over the top to take care of this minor area.
Total time billed on this job today: 5 hours
0600 Weather Observation: 31°, light snow. Forecast for the day: light snow throughout the day, insignificant accumulation, around 32°