May 26, 2016
After a quick water wash, I lightly sanded the new patch over the knotmeter through-hull hole, sanding it flush on the outside as needed. Then, I applied a coat of fairing filler over the area, leaving it to cure overnight.
With the epoxy coating on the bottom sides of the cabin sole panels now cured, I turned them over and sanded the top surfaces to smooth them as needed. Then, after cleaning up and solvent-wash, I applied a coat of primer to the panels.
I installed the new bilge pump on its platform, and the float switch in the keel sump, then began some of the wiring, leading a new 2-conductor wire between the bilge and the compartment containing the pump, and making up the various connections in the bilge area between the switch, pump, and an existing wire leading to the battery compartment. In this case, there was really no way to avoid having wires running through the bilge compartment, but I kept the wires as high as possible with wire clamps. The old pump had been wired directly to the battery without a separate on/off switch, so I’d finish up power wiring and wiring to the new panel switch next time, along with the pump hose connections.
Total time billed on this job today: 4.5 hours
0600 Weather Observation:
58°, foggy. Forecast for the day: Becoming partly sunny, high 73°