July 9, 2020
After letting the new varnish sit for more than a day, I turned the boat over carefully and propped it on some saw horses to raise the hull to a comfortable working level. As I was masking off varnished gunwale and the waterline, I discovered a series of old holes in the transom that I’d not noticed before, so before I could get to the primer I had to prepare and epoxy-fill these holes.
Fortunately, it was a very warm day, and with some heat lamps trained on the epoxy to help even further, the filler cured sufficiently to allow sanding after lunch, enabling me to continue with masking and final primer preparations.
With cleaning, masking, and other preparations complete, I applied the first of two planned coats of white primer.
After a few hours, I could go right over with a second coat.
Total time billed on this job today: 1.75 hours
0600 Weather Observation: 60°, fog. Forecast for the day: Sunny, 87°