110 Cookson Lane | Whitefield, ME  04353 | 207-232-7600 |  tim@lackeysailing.com

Home  Contact Lackey Sailing  |  Conversion Projects  |  Project Logs  |  Tim's Projects  |  Flotsam

Summer Song | Monday, February 24, 2014

After wrapping up varnishwork on the new anchor platform over several previous days, I moved forward with its installation.  I double-checked the platform's position, then drilled and tapped the four bolt holes to secure it.  Then, I installed the bronze anchor roller at the end, using bronze machine screws and the supplied tapped bronze backing plates, and bolted in the anchor shank bracket further down. 


I installed the platform in a bed of sealant with bronze fasteners and, at the after end, a sturdy fiberglass backing plate along with large washers.



At the stem, I reinstalled a bronze chock on the starboard side.  The placement of the anchor platform precluded an obvious mounting location for the port chock.


Along with some final odds and ends, a late addition to the job list was to apply a couple maintenance coats of varnish to the other exterior woodwork, so I sanded the handrails, companionway, and coamings, masked off as needed, and applied the first maintenance coat.



Total Time Billed on This Job Today:  6

<Previous | Next>