110 Cookson Lane | Whitefield, ME  04353 | 207-232-7600 |  tim@lackeysailing.com

Home  Contact Lackey Sailing  |  Conversion Projects  |  Project Logs  |  Tim's Projects  |  Flotsam

Sailmaster 131 | Monday, November 4, 2013

With a short day planned for Monday, thanks to some other commitments, I took part of the day Sunday to advance the interior work and keep the process moving along.  After final preparations, I painted the insides of the two galley lockers with white Bilgekote, coating all surfaces within.


Afterwards, I masked off and applied a sealer coat of varnish to the four main bulkheads and the mahogany berth trim.



Tinally, I touched up the bottom paint below the boottop.


On Monday, I continued in this general direction.  The galley lockers required a second coat of white paint, as the areas of raw wood had soaked up the first coat.


With numerous areas to paint in the interior, and relatively tight spaces, I had to carve the work into manageable sections.  To this end, I decided to start work on the overhead and cabin trunk, which I could complete concurrently with the other interior finishing work.  So after final surface preparations, I applied a coat of primer to these areas.



To wrap up the work for the day, I applied a second coat of varnish to the trim and bulkheads (I'd lightly sanded these areas at the start of the day).



Total Time Billed on This Job Today:  5.25 hours

<Previous | Next>