110 Cookson Lane | Whitefield, ME  04353 | 207-232-7600 |  tim@lackeysailing.com

Home  Contact Lackey Sailing  |  Conversion Projects  |  Project Logs  |  Tim's Projects  |  Flotsam

Sailmaster 131 | Monday, August 12, 2013

After first documenting the existing conditions of the hull, deck, and interior, and noting hardware positions and other details for future reference, I removed all loose gear from the boat, including a variety of docking lines and fenders, floorboards, and other loose items.  Meanwhile, I began my first overview of the condition of the various interior components; more on this in the near future.

Then, working from stem to stern, I removed most of the deck hardware to prepare for the deck work ahead; the existing aluminum hardware would later be replaced with bronze pieces from an earlier version of the Sailmaster.  I also removed hardware on the coamings to allow access for refinishing the brightwork.  With evidence of leakage through the chainplate slots, as well as to allow better access for interior refinishing, I decided to remove the main chainplates as well.










Total Time Billed on This Job Today:  7.25 hours

<Previous | Next>