110 Cookson Lane | Whitefield, ME  04353 | 207-232-7600 |  tim@lackeysailing.com

Home  Contact Lackey Sailing  |  Conversion Projects  |  Project Logs  |  Tim's Projects  |  Flotsam

Ms Lynne G | Monday, August 25, 2014

Removing the bottom paint always ranks as one of the most unpleasant jobs in any project, and therefore I always liked to get it over and done with as soon as possible.  This project was no exception.  Before getting started on the bottom, however, I made some reference measurements at stem and stern to document the existing locations of boottop and bottom paint for future reference.



Afterwards, I spent the day scraping and sanding the bottom with two separate grits to remove the many layers of old antifouling paint, and most of the boottop paint.  I'd go back later and get the patches beneath the stands and any other small areas I missed, and I'd sand the boottop area more during later topside preparation steps. 


Total Time Billed on This Job Today:  8.5

<Previous | Next>