|Kaholee Refit | December 4, 2006
I removed most of the deck hardware, starting at the bow and working my way aft. I also removed remaining interior wiring, stripping the boat back to the bare bones required in order to begin the refit. By the end of the day, the boat was stripped back to and including the cockpit; only the poop deck and a couple aftermost stanchions remained in place.
The boat spent most of her life in fresh water, and it really showed during this process: there was no rust on any fastener, and all of them came apart easily, unlike the corroded messes seen on so many boats.
Next, I'll continue with the final bits of hardware and deck trim, and move on to removing the Atomic 4.
Total Time on This Job Today: 6.7 hours