110 Cookson Lane | Whitefield, ME  04353 | 207-232-7600 |  tim@lackeysailing.com

Home  Contact Lackey Sailing  |  Conversion Projects  |  Project Logs  |  Tim's Projects  |  Flotsam

Ensign #1212 | Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Keeping the varnish work going, I sanded and varnished again, this time the fifth coat on the cabin doors (inside) and vents, and seventh coat on the starboard seat slats (top side). 


Back onboard, I prepared the openings for the large poop deck hatch and a smaller access port in the short vertical bulkhead behind the tiller, and installed the new hatches with new fasteners and sealant.



I moved on to the foredeck, where I installed the mooring cleat with a new fiberglass backing plate and large washers.  Then, I installed the deck plate just aft of the cleat.


Moving forward, I installed the bow chocks and, afterwards, the last deck plate.  In all cases, I prepared for installation in the usual way, with drilled and tapped fastener holes, milled countersinks at the deck surface at each location, and plenty of sealant. 


Afterwards, I moved operations back to the cockpit and set up for the final stages of hardware installation on the cabin trunk and cockpit sidedecks.  For the moment, I was out of time.

Total Time Billed on This Job Today:  3.75

<Previous | Next>