1975 Dufour 27 Refit | Thursday, October 2, 2008

While I still had some finish sanding remaining to do on the hull, it made more sense to wait until I could complete several smaller jobs and some minor repairs on the hull.  To that end, I concentrated on some hull detail work through most of the day, including the following:

  • Punch and drill out remaining rivets from rubrail
  • Ream out rubrail fastener holes to prepare for epoxy filler

  • Ream out additional fastener holes on transom and elsewhere to prepare for epoxy filler


  • Hand sanded to remove remaining paint and primer from profile edges at bow, transom, and around engine exhaust and bilge pump outlets


  • Hand sanded covestripe on both sides to rough up paint and prepare for primer.  The Awlgrip stripe was in good condition, and I didn't see the need to completely remove all the paint and primer from the recess.  I also opened up a couple places at the edges where the gelcoat had broken above air pockets, and which I'd fill and fair later.


  • Scraped old silicone sealant and other sealant from the hull port openings, then coarse sanded to remove film, and then sanded them smooth as needed.


With the hull work done for the moment, I prepared to shift focus to the decks.  To that end, I raised the staging and prepared the various tools required for the job.  I also cleaned up the shop a bit from the hull sanding.

Total Billable Time on This Job Today:  6.75  hours

<Previous | Next>