June 5, 2020
After inspecting the fresh paint and varnish, I deemed the work on both complete, and removed the masking tape to complete the main portion of the work.
The owner asked if I could paint the bottom, so I moved the boat into the other bay, planning at first to use my crane to lift the bow (with the stern supported by stands) and pull out the trailer, but this brought up some difficulties, and eventually I opted for the much simpler plan of raising the trailer tongue high enough to slip a V-stand beneath the center of the bow, which then allowed me to raise the boat enough off the bunks so I could mask and paint the bottom in those otherwise-inaccessible areas. Once I lowered the boat back onto the trailer, I finished up the area in way of the stands, and near the transom where access was easy with the boat on the trailer.
Total time billed on this job today: 1.5 hours
0600 Weather Observation: 50°, mostly cloudy. Forecast for the day: Partly sunny, 76°, scattered thundershowers in the afternoon