110 Cookson Lane | Whitefield, ME  04353 | 207-232-7600 |  tim@lackeysailing.com

Home  Contact Lackey Sailing  |  Conversion Projects  |  Project Logs  |  Tim's Projects  |  Flotsam

Ms Lynne G | Wednesday, September 17, 2014

I spent the first part of the day applying a coat of primer to the interior overhead, down as far as the molded liner system. 






I lightly sanded the two aft deck hatches to clean up the newly-epoxied edges and wrap up preparation work on these pieces.


I'd removed various smaller pieces of trim and woodwork from the boat, and since I couldn't do any work on the boat itself while the paint was drying, it was a good time to start cleaning and sanding the removable woodwork (including swash boards, icebox lid, companionway trim, and shelf fiddles) to prepare it for refinishing--all sides, working through the grits to 220.  The cockpit coamings and toerails would be replaced with new wood later.  I also stripped the finish from the tiller and sanded it clean and smooth.

The teak icebox lid had a weird bolt as its lifting device, and I removed this since we planned to replace it with a different sort of hardware.






Total Time Billed on This Job Today:  
7.25 Hours

<Previous | Next>