Kaholee Refit | January 11, 2007

Some weeks just seem to have a sort of broad aura surrounding them.  It seems I wasn't the only one feeling unaccomplished this week; most people I talked too weren't having great weeks either.  Maybe it's the moon or stars.  But I finished (mostly) another pending job in the shop during this week, which, while taking me away from Kaholee more than I wished, would clear the schedule more going forward.

I continued work on the decks, though progress seemed slight.  However, the filling and fairing stage is necessarily slow, thanks to the cure time required by the epoxy filler--perhaps the most significant negative aspect of epoxy resins.  Again, I cleaned and sanded yesterday's second application of filler, and then applied a third coat where necessary.  Most of the filled areas didn't require additional applications at this point, but there were a few low spots.

I also ground out a number of fastener holes in the cabin trunk, and applied a first coat of filler to those areas.

Total Time on This Job Today:  2.75 hours

<Previous | Next>