|Iota Refit |
Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday, March 3-5, 2008
During the past few days, I spent an hour or so each day preparing for the upcoming deck hardware installation.
To begin, over the first couple evenings I collected most of the various pieces--cleats, stanchions, pulpits, padeyes, and so forth--and made a list of the fasteners each fitting needed, since none of the old fasteners were worth re-using. Once I had the list, I placed a large order for the fasteners needed so they'd get here within the next day or so.
With the fastener list complete and on order, I scraped the old sealant away from the bases of the hardware as necessary, and cleaned things up as required.
I also ordered the replacement graphics for the transom and registration numbers.