Mae | Wednesday, June 10, 2009
My schedule for the week, with some other commitments both at and away from the shop, was such that there was no sense in rushing preparations and paint, so while I could have sprayed the hull on this day, once I completed the final preparations, I chose to wait till tomorrow, as proceeding today would not advance the project any more quickly given my schedule for later in the week.
Therefore, I spent a relaxing morning completing the final preparations for spraying the hull. Chief among these was sheathing the deck in plastic, after masking off the new paint edge at the toerails. I carefully taped the plastic in place, and afterwards lowered the staging, washed down the shop, and solvent-washed the hull with Alexseal wipe-down solvent. Finally, I prepared the spray and painting equipment for tomorrow.