Mae | Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Mostly, I spent the day waiting for the paint to dry.
The Alexseal topcoat requires a minimum of 24 hours before becoming tape-safe. This meant that I couldn't begin to consider overtaping the fresh paint in order to mask off the deck areas for the upcoming hull painting session till the afternoon. Without undue pressure on the time schedule, I decided that I would wait even longer, till tomorrow, before taping off the hull-deck paint seam on the new paint, just to be safe.
In the meantime, I spent some time removing all the masking from the deck areas and cleaning up and reorganizing for the next painting steps. I also retaped the top edge of the eventual boottop to make for easier untaping after I applied the hull paint, since the existing tape was well primer-ed over.
Tomorrow, I'd complete the preparations for painting the hull.