Hattie Mae | Friday, June 5, 2009

This morning, I finished up the pre-painting preparations to be ready for Monday's deck paint. 

I began by making a series of marks to locate, more or less, the original hull-deck seam and at which to apply masking tape to demark the boundary between the deck paint and the eventual hull paint.  Once I'd taped along my marks, I added plastic sheeting beneath to protect the hull from overspray.

I continued masking efforts with the deck hatches down on the bench--two cockpit locker lids and the icebox hatch--and marked off the requisite borders, after which I masked and papered the center portions.  This wrapped up the taping and preparation, so I finished out the day's work by washing down the shop floor and staging to remove residual dust, vacuumed and solvent-washed the areas to be painted, and prepared the spray equipment and materials for the painting ahead. 



Total Time Billed on This Job Today:  3.75  hours

<Previous | Next>