110 Cookson Lane | Whitefield, ME  04353 | 207-232-7600 |  tim@lackeysailing.com

Hatsy II | Monday, February 28, 2011

I worked on a few odds and ends that still remained on the list.

The keel repair, started early in the project, was nearly complete, but one of the coats of fairing compound I'd applied still required sanding.  I took care of that, then, over the course of, the day, applied several coats of plain epoxy to the patch to seal the fairing compound.  Later, once that had cured, I'd touch up the bottom paint.

I reinstalled the backstay chainplates, which I'd removed prior to painting the hull, with new sealant, and reinstalled the tiller.

I cleaned up old sealant residue and dirt from the fiberglass cabin sole, so that the surface would be ready to accept the replacement teak veneer when the varnish work was complete.  Meanwhile, I sanded and revarnished the various sole pieces, hatches, and cockpit trim.


Total Time on This Job Today:  3 hours

<Previous | Next>