Equinox Project | Saturday, April 18, 2009

I took advantage of a nice day outdoors to apply a final coat of bottom paint; I'd applied only one coat to the bottom immediately after painting the hull, and while I'd done two coats beneath all the jackstands in the time since, the main portion required a second coat now.  In addition, I was able to remove the longitudinal keel guides on the trailer, allowing me to paint the area behind.

With the bottom paint done, and all other work complete, I loaded the mast onto the trailer racks, secured the boom to the trailer with chafe gear and line, and installed two ratchet straps to secure the boat to the trailer, with chafe gear as needed to protect the hull and brightwork.

Finally, I installed the tiller and secured it for travel.


<Previous | Next>