1975 Dufour 27 Refit | Sunday, November 16, 2008

I moved ahead with the boottop this morning.  I began by taping off the edges, following the edge of the blue paint line that I'd created when I sprayed the topsides.  I started with a layer of heavy vinyl fine-line tape, which I then covered with normal green masking tape.  I covered the topsides with plastic and, in an extra step intended to mitigate my unfounded distrust of the plastic and fears about overspray, applied masking paper over the plastic at the upper edge of the boottop; I also applied the paper beneath the stripe to protect the bottom from overspray.  All in all, it seemed an inordinate amount of preparation for a simple stripe, but there you have it.



Afterwards, I applied four coats of Alexseal Sunfast Red to the boottop, as the normal three coats left just a hint of transparency in some areas.



Total Billable Time on This Job Today:  4.25 hours

<Previous | Next>