Aphelion Refit | June 21, 2007

Today, there seemed to be a million distractions and other important desk business to attend to, so I didn't get nearly as much done as I had hoped.

Nonetheless, over the course of the day I managed to sand the topsides again, this time with a finishing sander using 80 and 120 grits--all part of the initial smoothing to better assess the condition and determine those areas requiring additional attention.  There's not much to tell here; sanding was a simple matter and didn't change the appearance of the boat much, if at all.

At the very end of the day, relocated all the jackstands and scraped and sanded the paint from the patches beneath, leaving only the rudder and portions of the keel base remaining with red paint.



Total Time on This Job Today:  2.75 hours

<Previous | Next>