Aphelion Refit | June 20, 2007

This morning, I finished up the bulk of the bottom stripping in a few hours' work.

While most of the bottom was complete, I still had a few small areas left to do:  beneath the jackstand pads, the rudder, and a portion of the bottom of the keel at the centerline, as well as the areas at the boat's actual static waterline, which I had left unsanded for now until I could establish a new reference for the antifouling paint.

With the nastiest portion of the job  over with, I cleaned up the dozens of pounds of paint chips and debris from the shop floor so that I could continue working on the boat in a less dismal atmosphere.  With that done, I celebrated  by affording myself the afternoon "off" so that I could focus on some much-needed administration and other tasks unrelated to this project.


Total Time on This Job Today:  4.25 hours

<Previous | Next>