|Aphelion Refit |
June 15, 2007
Once again, I spent the day sanding. I continued on the starboard side, working my way aft from the bow. Once again, I uncovered no particularly serious-looking flaws in the hull, with only the usual collection of previously-filled dings. Some of the fill appeared to be cheap autobody filler, so I'll have to grind that out and refill later.
Unfortunately, I ran out of 40 grit paper before I could finish removing all the paint from the starboard side; I made it about 2/3 the way down the hull, but I had hoped to finish this side today. My new shipment of sanding discs arrived late in the afternoon, but I'd have to wait till Monday to finish up.
With the sanding done for now, I cleaned up the worst of the sanding dust in the shop and called it a day.