110 Cookson Lane | Whitefield, ME  04353 | 207-232-7600 |  tim@lackeysailing.com

Home  Contact Lackey Sailing  |  Conversion Projects  |  Project Logs  |  Tim's Projects  |  Flotsam

Ms Lynne G | Friday, October 24, 2014

The toerail assemblies had had enough time in the clamps, so I unclamped the rails and cleaned up the glue joints with sandpaper.   Afterwards, I applied a sealer coat of varnish to all sides of the two toerails.



Meanwhile, I sanded the other brightwork and applied another coat of varnish to all.



The owners had requested a lanyard to secure the engine well plug to the boat, so I installed a strap eye in the locker, recycling one that I'd removed from somewhere else on deck, and secured a length of line between the plug and the eye.

Later, I started preparing for toerail installation--which I'd begin next time--by collecting tools and fasteners, milling 100 or so teak bungs, and installing some protective paper over the top part of the hull.  Late in the day, I found the sealer coat on the rails had dried enough to allow me to apply a second coat over the top for better protection during installation, and on the faying surface.


Total Time Billed on This Job Today:  4

<Previous | Next>